[lbo-talk] RE: Xmas message

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 07:21:53 PST 2003

Thomas Seay:

> >Can anyone doubt
> >the power of the african-american church despite the
> >intention of southern white christian slave holders?
>
> I wouldn't know anything about that of course. (Ignorance is my
> strong point.) The power to do what, aside from preserve the
> traditions and cultures of African-Americans and administer a little
> opiate?
>
> Bill Bartlett
> Bracknell Tas

What's with this ongoing lefty kick about religion and/or spirituality being an opiate (with some cul-cha jazz mixed in)? I've known plenty of lefties who've been fried to the gills with theory and ideology, and in many cases they were less free than the religious folk they dismiss or condescend to. Is this a perpetual rad posture, part of the Correct & Advanced Behavior expected of the pwog tribe? Or is it simply another form of delusion?

DP