[lbo-talk] Depression, black holes, dark energy...

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 08:06:35 PST 2003

Chuck Grimes posted:

The dark matter mentioned here is NOT the ordinary dark matter like intergalactic gas, neutrinos, and other usual suspects that have been proposed for decades. This is a new sort of dark matter whose identity is unknown. So dark matter makes up 23% of the universe and dark energy fills up 73%, leaving us with 4%.

A strange and exciting finding.

So, our understanding has reached a point where we now have evidence supporting Einstein's statement that *the universe is not only stranger than we know but perhaps stranger than we can possibly know* (was this Einstein?).

DRM