[lbo-talk] RE: Xmas message

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:17:41 PST 2003

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>What's with this ongoing lefty kick about religion and/or spirituality
>being
>an opiate (with some cul-cha jazz mixed in)? I've known plenty of lefties
>who've been fried to the gills with theory and ideology, and in many cases
>they were less free than the religious folk they dismiss or condescend to.

Well, being "fried to the gills with theory and ideology" is just another Variety of Religious Experience, innit? You find the same kind of sacred texts, official prophets, priestly interpreters, orthodoxy, heresies -- the whole nine yards. Human psychology finds so many tiresome ways to cycle through the same basic garbage.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es