[lbo-talk] Atheism

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 05:45:17 PST 2003

The answer -- which he
>insists is literally unknowable -- "this, we call God" (et hoc dicimus
>deum). --CGE
>
>^^^^
>CB: How's he "know" they are unknowable ?
---

Man's mind is finite. God is infinite. The finite cannot grasp the infinite.

Said in Heideggerian terms, the business of thought is beings, whereas that by virtue of which beings are beings (i.e. that in terms of which the sentence "x is" is meaningful) cannot itself be a being, and therefore cannot be thought. (Lots of repetition in that sentence -- could be a doo-wop song.)

_________________________________________________________________ Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup