[lbo-talk] Atheism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:34:40 PST 2003

>From: "Chris Doss" <itschris13 at hotmail.com>
>
>... I think Luther solved the problem of theodicy by arguing that since
>God's goodness is unknowable, obviously our puny human understanding of the
>term what it means when we say that God is "good." I can imagine a race of
>highly evolved cows would refer to the existence of hamburgers as evidence
>against God's goodness.

Or as Alexander Pope said:

All nature is but art, unknown to thee; All chance, direction, which thou canst not see; All discord, harmony not understood; All partial evil, universal good; And spite of pride, in erring reason’s spite, One truth is clear, Whatever is, is right.

So there :)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access — limited time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup