[lbo-talk] Nancy says keep FDR, not Ronnie, on the dime

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 10:42:39 PST 2003

I was all set to pop off about how sure, she's holding out for at least a quarter! Then I read the article and came across the following quote:

And (rep). Souder (R, IN) said, "It is particularly fitting to honor the freedompresident on this particular piece of coinage" because he was "woundedunder the left arm by a bullet that had ricocheted and flattened to thesize of a dime."

Eeeeeeeew gross! Talk about fetishism of a nutcase would-be assassin who incidentally does NOT deserve any association with the currency either.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if putting Ronzo on the dime would help motivate a century of social reformers trying to undo all of Reagan's most plutocratic machinations.....

Course if Ronnie got put on the dime, I would develop a sudden preference for other coins, but ...

DoreneC