[lbo-talk] Re: Joan Jett loves Howard Dean

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 31 13:47:40 PST 2003

>ROCK ICON JOAN JETT TO FILE PETITIONS
>TO GET HOWARD DEAN ON BALLOT IN NEW YORK

***** Joan Jett describes entertaining troops Wednesday, September 25, 2002 Posted: 6:48 PM EDT (2248 GMT)

. . . CNN: So what do you tell them, Joan, how do you encourage them and let them know that you are behind them?

JETT: Well, I hope that they know that just by the fact that we are here and our presence, and I think that they just want to hear the rock 'n' roll, a little taste of home, and a little taste of America, and just seeing a few civilians is always nice.

So we like to just make sure that we let them know that we know they are here, and it's really important what they are doing, and we are very proud of them, and we thank them for fighting for our freedom. . . .

<http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/central/09/25/joanjett.kandahar.cnna/> ***** -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>