[lbo-talk] Atheism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 31 15:46:14 PST 2003

Goes round and round in a circle, doesn't it. :-)

I'm too lazy to look it up just now, but roughly Engels's point was that though "the human mind" might be capable of achieving universal truth, that "human mind" existed in the form of very limited particular minds. I think it is in that context that he says something like what you say below: the assumption that the world is a unity cannot be demonstrated except by total knowledge (which is a long way off). He said it better.

Carrol