Sam Donaldson explains it all

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Feb 1 10:05:04 PST 2003

At 3:03 PM -0500 31/1/03, Doug Henwood wrote:

>[from today's Page Six - someone tell Hitchens!]
>
> [President Bush] is from West Texas. When you see a rattlesnake on a trail, you pull out that gun, and you go boom, bam. You do not assemble a coalition to discuss the rattlesnake" - Sam Donaldson on "Hardball with Chris Matthews" explaining the president's willingness to go it alone in Iraq.

A good analogy, I like it. Snakes are fully protected here, it would only be legal to kill one in self-defense. Though many times more poisonous than the relatively harmless American rattlesnake, local snakes don't attack humans except in self defense.

Is it legal to kill snakes in Texas, or is legality not a consideration for Texans?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas