daily life behind the Iron Curtain

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sat Feb 1 02:10:37 PST 2003

To be fair to stereotypes: - --even in the height of the Gorbachev era, we were conscious occasionally of being deliberately tailed. Perhaps the funniest part of that: Only a couple of our group smoked, but often our tails did. Sometimes we would yank their chain by inserting the MInistry of Health anti-smoking warnng into our conversations, VERY loudly. --- You were a foreigner from an enemy country! Of course you were tailed. ---

- --Spouse tells really hair-raising story about his appendectomy--without anesthetic.

DoreneC --- Anesthesia in Russia costs money.