my argument's bigger than yours

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Feb 1 12:49:39 PST 2003

Julie Burchill wrote:

>...Oh, and we've also got Condoleezza Rice, the coolest, cleverest,
>most powerful
>black woman since Cleopatra...

In an article of awful stupidity this has to be the most awfully stupid sentence. Cleopatra (VII) was of 3/4 Macedonian and 1/4 Pontic ancestry-- not a drop of Egyptian, let alone "black" blood. As for Rice, she doesn't even have the wit to reply to criticism by paraphrasing Nell Gwynn's "Why are you cursing *me*? I'm the King's *Protestant* whore."

Shane Mage

"immortals mortals, mortals immortals, living their deaths, dying their lives"

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 62