FRIDA review

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Feb 1 14:52:44 PST 2003

>At 11:28 AM 2/1/03 -0800, Marta Russell wrote:
>
>You wrote:
>"Did Hayek, whose voluptuous eat-me-up body is displayed nude on the
>big screen at every possible opportunity, object to having one of
>her legs be "withered" by reality? For truly Frida's right leg was
>smaller than her left."
>
>That you called her a bimbo was not surprising at all, given this
>claim. The reason I started this with you is because Thomas Seay
>couldn't see why we

"we" ? You seem to be the one who is on my case. How much bandwith have you devoted to it?

>were on your case. I spelled it out: you blamed Hayek for the
>erasure of the withered leg and, as you suggest above, it's because
>she has a "voluptuous eat-me-up body".

No Hollywood USES volumptous eat me up bodies to sell tickets. What I said and what Seay explained was that to show a "withered" leg was contra Hollywood. It is contra conditioning for actors like Hayek too. Hence the Joan Collins quote :

"Joan Collins characterized Lewis as making himself "ugly in every way." Why would the handsome Lewis want to do that, Collins wondered."

What I said that it would have been revolutionary to flaunt the leg.

People are on the verge of having their Medicaid cut here in CA and when I said that I do not have time for any more of this you took it personally. It is because there are more important things to do with my time which is already limited by pain and the inability to sit for periods of time.

You don't show much respect for others Kelley, you prejudge what you don't know. So go ahead with these silly posts as long as you wish but I am done here.

Marta -- -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030201/eaf63f32/attachment.htm>