Unhooking famous violinist

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sat Feb 1 23:00:02 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miles Jackson" <cqmv at pdx.edu>

> So we need to come clean: even the anti-abortion crowd doesn't think
> "life is sacred". Not really. They are willing to sacrifice
> innocent people if it makes their lives more efficient or pleasant.
> It isn't a question of living up to the impossible ethical
> principle of not taking innocent life; rather, it is a question
> of deciding under what conditions taking innocent life is
> justifiable. So agonizing about when a fetus becomes a person
> is irrelevant. Insofar as you believe that women should be
> autonomous individuals rather than reproductive vessels at all
> costs, abortion is justifiable, as are other social practices
> that lead to innocent death.
>
> Miles

One question I've always used with right wingers is "how many more tax $'s are you willing to commit the US citizenry to collecting and spending in order to turn the country into a panopticon capable of stopping as many abortions as possible if each life is of infinite value and there are a million plus a year? Are you prepared to track every single pregnancy?"

Ian