daily life behind the Iron Curtain

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Feb 2 01:14:35 PST 2003

budge:

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 at 1:10pm ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

> Anesthesia in Russia costs money.

It does in the US too. But I've never met a surgeon that would remove an appendix w/o it. (and are we talking about the vaunted pre-Gorby Russia with healthcare for all?)

It is fucking barbaric to do such a procedure w/o anethesia. --- Dunno how it was in Soviet days. It costs extra now (not much, though). I had an operation on my lower job and was offered with-pain and without-pain options. Anesthsia cost I think 5 bucks.