lbo-talk-digest V1 #7350

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 02:31:36 PST 2003

writes responding to:

>>>It's remarkable how many self-proclaimed "dissidents" turned into corrupt
>>>pieces of shit after 1991.

>It's not remarkable to me. Many members of the intelligentsia who I knew in
>Romania, did not give a rat's ass for workers' rights or democracy.

How true. Just because Stalinism was a failure does not mean that anti-Communism was good. I see that Solzhenitsyn's latest twist is to revive the observation that the Bolsheviks were often Jewish. Of course he is right, whatever his reasons for saying so. -- James Heartfield

http://www.heartfield.demon.co.uk/james1.htm