Challenger, M11, Euro-Weenies

Christian Gregory christian11 at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 2 21:22:12 PST 2003

Give it a rest, James. You didn't even get the name of the shuttle right. It was the shuttle Columbia. Challenger blew up in '86. The conflation is fairly telling, given what we know about the crass stupidity and greed that caused the previous calamity. If I were a Freudian, I'd say that you doth protest too much. Like the student of mine who once told me, when making an excuse for an absence, "My grandmother lied, er, I mean, died." "It was Challenger, that great emblem of Boeing's greed and state stupidity, er, I mean, unbidden scientific exploration." God save the Queen.

Christian