mortgage question

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Feb 3 08:26:09 PST 2003

If that ssuggest that you are a first time homebuyer, visit http://www.hud.gov/buying/index.cfm for information. Oftentimes you can get hud-backed fixed interest loans. The advantage is low insurance payments on the loan. Generally, if your mortgage is more than 80% of equity, loan insurance premium can be very high. So it may pay off to have a hud loan even if the interest rate is not the lowest - this is why I did not refi my hud guaranteed loan.

Wojtek