Nepal

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Mon Feb 3 10:34:03 PST 2003

Some good news in this miserable time - the truce in the brutal civil war in Nepal seems to have taken hold...Hurrah! Perhaps it's a positive result of the US preparations to attack Iraq - maybe the CIA has been told to rein in its counter-insurgency dogs elsewhere.

We have some comment on recent events in Nepal on the MR website, and have put up a piece by a Nepali woman leader of the revolutionary forces that we, a bit to our surprise, liked very much. <http://www.monthlyreview.org/0203parvati.htm>

john mage