a postscript on the guernica issue

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Mon Feb 3 11:54:11 PST 2003

>From the Washington Times:

http://washingtontimes.com/world/20030203-13680812.htm

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, who keeps a Matisse tapestry and a Rauschenberg collage in his private 38th-floor conference room, denies he had anything to do with the "Guernica" cover-up.

"If you heard all the things done in my name, you'd think I was everywhere," he joked Friday. "I heard it was artistic."

Mr. Kabbaj amplified thus: "We had a problem with, you know, the horse."

It was, of course, a camera crew that noticed that anyone who stood at the U.N. microphone would be photographed next to the backside of a rearing horse. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030203/41e1a1cf/attachment.htm>