daily lifr behind the Iron Curtain

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Tue Feb 4 02:47:59 PST 2003

Woj wrote:

> Interesting. Does that mean that the Cyrilic is being replaced by the
> Latin alphabet, at least in the internet community? I noticed that the
> Chinese did a similar thing in 1960s (or may be even earlier) and using
> Latin alphabet instead of Chinese characters.
>
> Wojtek

Interesting point. I am not up on the latest latinization flaps, but I believe some of the southern 'stans are in fact dropping Cyrllic and spelling Turkic stuff in Latin letters. Danged if I can remember which 'stans this applies to; not Bashkortostan at least....

DoreneC who also types too slowly in Cyrillic -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030204/0afbed5d/attachment.htm>