Impeach Bush: www.VoteToImpeach.org

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Feb 4 22:13:23 PST 2003

Ah, the latest hare-brained scheme from WWP/IAC/ANSWER Inc.

rhisiart at mail.earthlink.net wrote:

> From: <ActionCenter.actgen at action-mail.org> (Action Center)
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:28:05 -0500
> Subject: [IAC] Impeach Bush: www.VoteToImpeach.org
>
> VOTE TO IMPEACH
> http://www.VoteToImpeach.org
>
> The anti-war movement has now inaugurated a campaign to
> impeach George W. Bush and other senior U.S. government
> officials for their criminal conduct. The planned war
> against Iraq and the destruction of constitutionally
> protected rights at home are the grounds for impeachment.

Not THE anti-war movement? When did the anti-war MOVEMENT have a get together to decide that IT was going to do THIS campaign?

> The articles of impeachment, drafted by former Attorney
> General Ramsey Clark, are the basis for a grassroots
> effort to remove Bush from office as we organize to stop
> the war. Please visit the site
> http://www.VoteToImpeach.org and cast your vote to Impeach
> Bush. Let your family members, friends and co-workers
> learn about the movement to impeach George Bush for high
> crimes and misdemeanors.

I think they have run out of ideas.

Maybe they should merge their last campaign with this one:

http://www.VoteToImpeachNoWar.org

I prefer:

http://votetoimpeachanswer.org or

http://www.ThrowTheCreepyWWPOutofANSWER.org

> While we build mass street actions against the war it is
> important to utilize every avenue open to the people to
> hold the government accountable for its criminal conduct.
> The U.S. Constitution provides for a mechanism to hold
> administration officials culpable for criminal abuse of
> authority and usurpation of power.

Every avenue possible? I'll buy a ladder if Ramsey Clark will agree to go over the White House fence. Maybe he could hand deliver these articles of impeachment.

> The votes submitted in this campaign will be delivered to
> the House Judiciary Committee and the leadership from both
> parties on the committee. Representatives of
> VoteToImpeach.org will also carry out a campaign in the
> mass media publicizing the efforts of thousands of people
> in the United States to impeach George W. Bush and the
> architects of his unconstitutional policies.

Are we there yet?

> See below for more information, or go directly to
> http://www.VoteToImpeach.org to see articles of
> impeachment setting forth high crimes and misdemeanors by
> President Bush and other civil officers of his
> administration, and to cast your vote!

Cast your vote and send $20 to the WWP so they can keep running the Kim Jong Il People's Bus Service.

> ***************
>
> George W. Bush Must Answer to the People
>
> [adapted from Ramsey Clark's address to the half a million
> demonstrators at the January 18th National March on
> Washington to Stop the War on Iraq organized by
> International A.N.S.W.E.R. (Act Now to Stop War & End
> Racism)]

Half a million? More like 100,000 or less.

> The U.S. Constitution provides the means for preventing
> George W. Bush from engaging in a war of aggression
> against Iraq, and from advancing a first strike
> potentially nuclear preemptive war. It's called
> impeachment.

LOL. Last time I checked, all the members of Congress were going along with Bush's schemes.

> High Crimes and Misdemeanors
>
> Impeachment is the direct constitutional means for
> removing a President, Vice President or other civil
> officers of the United States who has acted or threatened
> acts that are serious offenses against the Constitution,
> its system of government, or the rule of law, or that are
> conventional crimes of such a serious nature that they
> would injure the Presidency if there was no removal.
>
> A Constitutional Imperative
>
> Impeachment appears six times in the U.S. Constitution.
> The Founders weren't concerned with anything more than
> with impeachment because they had lived under King George
> III and had in 1776 accused the king of all the things
> that George W. Bush wants to do: Usurpation of the power
> of the people; Being above the law; Criminal abuse of
> authority.

Ramsey Clark can count! How many WWP cadre does it take to screw in a light bulb?

> Power Remains in the Hands of the People

Well, until the WWP Central Committee takes it back to administer it on behalf of the people.

> Online donations to the ImpeachBushNow! Campaign will be
> possible soon. Or donations may be mailed to:
> VoteToImpeach, 1901 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W., Suite 607,
> Washington, D.C. 20006. Please include your e-mail address
> on your check so we can stay in touch with you. Donations
> to the ImpeachBushNow! campaign are not tax deductible.

I'm just counting the hours until ANSWER starts offering coffee mugs and t-shirts during their next beg-a-thon.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips