Pakistani leader envies Putin for pop song

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Feb 5 05:39:50 PST 2003

Tatu's latest video offensive! Jeez, the last one starts off which shots of animals fucking.

Pakistani leader envies Putin for pop song MOSCOW, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf told Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin on Wednesday he envied his enduring popularity - including a chart-topping song lionising him as a sex symbol. "I envy you because I was told that because of your popularity on your last birthday...they sang pop songs about you," Musharraf said as the two leaders opened Kremlin talks. "No one sings pop songs about me." Putin, smiling, replied: "I have to put up with everything." An all-girl band, Singing Together, released a song last year denouncing the hard-drinking, womanising reputation of many Russian men, and praising Putin, who cultivates an image as a suave sportsman who barely drinks. Its lyrics included: "And now I want a man like Putin who doesn't drink. A man like Putin who wouldn't hurt me." Musharraf seized power in a 1999 military coup and handed over to a civilian administration last year, though he retains key powers during a five-year term. Another Russian all-girl band, Tatu, currently tops the UK chart, although the BBC has refused to broadcast their latest video which features a controversial lesbian kiss. (C) Reuters Limited 2003.