Hitch: Bush for Pres!

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 5 06:38:24 PST 2003

From: "Peter K." <peterk at enteract.com> It's just my opinion but I think of the people who are soft on Osama and soft on Saddam are as being more like the German communists who said, "After Hitler, us" and were therefore soft on Hitler. They just didn't consider him that dangerous.

Lloyd Grove, the Washington Post gossip columnist who Doug and Chris Kromm quote, is misleading in sort of a gossipy way. Here's how the interview acutally goes:

* * *

Yeah, I read the full transcript. Really doesn't change the fact that Hitch has gone completely mad (that's charitable -- I think he's been mad for a while).

The U-turn on John Edwards is pathetic. Hitchens is essentially admitting he lied when he wrote the fatuously reverential piece on Edwards in Vanity Fair last spring. At the time, those of us in North Carolina suffering under this bogus, poll-driven, pro-war "populist" Senator wondered what the hell Hitchens was talking about. Now Hitch has estimated Edwards isn't turning into quite the media darling many had hoped, so he's casting him aside.

He didn't leave The Nation soon enough. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030205/21cf7e1e/attachment.htm>