ex-radicals?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Feb 5 10:08:39 PST 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:
> [...]

I'm really glad that Nathan has spoken up about the bullshit that ANSWER and their supporters are up to. I've noticed an increased amount of attacks on myself this week. Some of you may have seen the longer article from the WWP/ANSWER circle that denounced critics as red-baiters. As I've pointed out many times since I started criticizing ANSWER and their WWP puppet-masters, the charge of "red-baiting" is a move employed by authoritarians to stifle debate and discussion among activists and in the greater Left. They seek a movement that is organized from the top down and one that doesn't tolerate anybody questioning how things are done. This is an evasion of accountability and transparency by the core ANSWER group and it is our job as progressive activists to call them on their bullshit.

I have been an outspoken critic of the WWP, IAC, and ANSWER precisely because of the Left's preference to silence internal critics and argue that we should all blindly work together for the sake of greater unity. This form of free speech stifling on the Left came to my attention in the late 90s when I raised some questions about how the Free Mumia movement was organized.

This gives me further incentive to update the Infoshop webpage on the WWP, IAC, and ANSWER. Anybody who wants to help with writing arguments, relating anecdotes, or doing research is invited to contact me.

I will not be silenced.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips