Bobby Seale to speak in SE Michigan, Feb 6

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Feb 5 10:26:52 PST 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> [clip] Jamil Al-Amin (H. Rap Brown) was appointed Minister of

> Justice in the BPP briefly in 1967 during the fragile alliance between the

> BPP and SNCC--by then the Student National Coordinating Committee. OF
course

> the alliance was pretty much smashed by agentry.

>Your information on what smashed the alliance is new to me -- though
>obvious come to think of it.
>
>Carrol

Specific FBI memos are cited in Agents of Repression (Churchill & Vander Wall), including a COINTELPRO-planted news story wherein SNCC supposedly dissed the Panthers (the memo states that the intent is to keep the groups from uniting), and a call to Stokely Carmichael's mother in which she was told that members of the BPP were out to kill him. They also tried to agent-jacket Carmichael (the late Kwame Ture), with informants portraying him as a CIA asset and a planted document--ostensibly a carbon copy of a report by Carmichael to the CIA (1968). In '70 Newton stated that Carmichael was a CIA asset, so apparently that worked on some level. There's more, no doubt.

Jenny Brown