Fwd: Re: It's Chalabi

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 5 12:49:22 PST 2003

[sent to me rather than list]

From: JBrown72073 at cs.com Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:19:35 EST Subject: Re: It's Chalabi

DP quoted:
>"He said Mr Chalabi had been in talks with another major Iraqi opposition
>group, the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq and the Iranian
>Government while in Tehran.

Yes, just what Iraq needs, an Islamic Revolution. Over to Hitch for comment?

Saw the 'The Trials of Henry Kissinger' Monday. It was a bit surreal to listen to Hitchens detailing HK's war criminal status (over video of the carpet bombing of Cambodia) after reading that he'd vote for Bush for president partly because of his overt plans to bomb Iraq in similar fashion. I wonder, would Hitch still vote for Bush if HK were his Sec'y of State? Maybe if he seemed sufficiently 'tough on terrorism,' miserabile dictu.

Jenny

Jenny Brown Redstockings of the Women's Liberation Movement http://www.redstockings.org