Trojan Horses (was ex-radicals)

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Wed Feb 5 14:13:17 PST 2003

Kelley:

> I interpreted Jenny as saying that if the person charging Chuck0 with being
> an agent is NOT an agent... in other words, she listed some history of Fed
> infiltration of left movements. She said she hopes that the WWP would learn
> from this history and recognize that they are Fed magnets. That there are
> people in the WWP, agent provacateurs, who are bound to stir up shit just
> exactly like this. IOW, the person who called chuck out as an agent may
> just well be an agent him/herself.

In any case, Chuck0 did not write that anyone in WWP called him an agent or a right-winger. He attributed the attack, originally, if I recall, to "WWP- allied" members of the NLG.

I don't believe Chuck0 is an agent, and I don't think anyone in WWP has made such a baseless charge.

What I DO think, though, is that:

- Chuck0's website contains considerable misinformation about WWP and ANSWER

- The material on Chuck0's site is available for recycling to anyone from anywhere on the spectrum who wants to oppose, trash, etc. WWP and/or IAC and/or ANSWER, and has in fact been used as an information source by the right wing, and indeed by the corporate media

- Chuck hates WWP, IAC, and ANSWER so much, and is so convinced that we are just as bad as the capitalist class, that when the right wing and the mainstream corporate media attack us, he is either happy to see it (because the enemies are fighting amongst themselves, you see) or is at any rate indifferent as to the outcome. Therefore, if he becomes aware, or is already aware, that he is supplying the right wing with ammunition to use against ANSWER, he feels no incentive to desist, take precautions, etc.

- To be more precise, I infer that Chuck0 believes that the chief reason for the failure of his program for a 'Maximum Movement' to have caught on like wildfire is the supposed hegemony of ANSWER and the participation of WWP in ANSWER. He views WWP as being an obstacle on the road to revolution; if WWP were destroyed, BY ANY MEANS OR AGENCY, the people's movement would get back on track, and his current of cyber-Blanquistes would bring down imperialism. Basically, therefore, he believes that people like Newman, and for that matter ANSWER's enemies on the right, are 'useful idiots' - they want to get WWP out of the way so that the movement can return to mainstream common sense and patriotic and selective opposition, whereas Chuck0 believes they are deluded in this and that if WWP is destroyed, the ACC will reclaim its supposed 'mantle'. And if the bourgeoisie thinks that the WWP is more of a danger to them than Chuck0 is, that just shows how stupid the bourgeoisie is.

I don't think this is a realistic view.

I also believe that, as a general observation, the government, capitalist class, etc., can save themselves a lot of money hiring agents when there are people who will play a divisive role in the movement INDEPENDENTLY AND WITHOUT COMPENSATION, for reasons of personal pique or bad perspective.

Lou Paulsen