Letter to Phyllis Bennis

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 5 23:20:08 PST 2003

Anyone know a current email address for Jeff Cohen, I'd like to forward this directly to him.

thanks, steve

----- Original Message ----- From: steve philion To: pbennis at compuserve.com Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:32 PM Subject: Re:liked your appearance on Phil Donahue

Ms. Bennis, You should insist to Phil Donahue that if he has you on again to not set you up one lefty against 3 right wingers. Donahue did little to help you out and the dittohead who kept yelling over you made it very difficult for you to get a word in edgewise (which was his goal of course, to keep you from talking, and he succeeded).

I think you should tell Donahue (better, tell Jeff Cohen!), if he can have a one on one with Neil Boortz, why can't he have a one on one with you? What gives?

But you should refuse to appear on the program unless Donahue assures you one other lefty will be with you *and* the right wingers are like the general. The dittohead contributed literally nothing of discussion value, yet was allowed by Phil to run down the debate as much as he desired.

Your articles are very valuable, Phil should be creating a setting in which he makes it possible for you to deliver the same kind of valuable analysis to his viewers. I'm not against debate with calm headed right wingers, like that general. But I see no point in having chickenhawk dittoheads who sabotage the possibilities of a real exchange of perspectives.

Please feel more than free to pass on this viewer sentiment to Messers Donahue and Cohen, they need to hear such feedback.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Stephen Philion MPLS, MN