Leftist Flacks for Saddam and ObL> Was Re: ex-radical

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Thu Feb 6 02:15:13 PST 2003

Doug: The USSR after de-Stalinization wasn't such a bad place, as far as I can tell. --- Me: I don't know anyone in Russia over 40 who doesn't miss the Soviet way of life. I don't know anyone whatsoever, of whatever political persuasion, who thinks breaking up the Soviet Union was good.

A propos of nothing, the granfather of a friend of mine is 95. He was born before the Revolution! He was an officer in the Red vArmy in the Great Patriotic War. "I killed many fascists," he says. I would love to talk to him, but he's not all there, desperately wants to die.