Trojan Horses (was ex-radicals)

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Thu Feb 6 07:54:21 PST 2003

>I also believe that, as a general observation, the government, capitalist
>class, etc., can save themselves a lot of money hiring agents when there
>are people who will play a divisive role in the movement INDEPENDENTLY AND
>WITHOUT COMPENSATION, for reasons of personal pique or bad perspective.
>
>Lou Paulsen

Well, there are two ways you can deal with criticism. For example, I observed that I bet the feds have a lot of agents and informants in the WWP. One reaction you could have to that is to say, Jenny is objectively helping the ruling class since she's scaring people off from joining the WWP, and accusing it of being riddled with agents, and therefore is saving the gov't a lot of money. The other way is to say, yeah, it's a problem, and although people knowing that we may be infiltrated might scare people off, it's also a fact o' life in the USA, and because it's a general problem in the movement we shouldn't go around saying specific people are agents when they criticize us, it's divisive and paralyzing.

Not sure which route you generally choose in your group, I just haven't followed it that closely.

Jenny Brown