[Fwd: Fw: Urgent call for aid to Feb 15 actions]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 6 20:31:45 PST 2003

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Fw: Urgent call for aid to Feb 15 actions Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:22:43 -0500 From: George Snedeker <snedeker at concentric.net> To: psn at csf.colorado.edu CC: mlg <mlg-ics+ at andrew.cmu.edu>

The February 15 and 16 rallies in New York and San Francisco are taking on historic proportions. In combination with dozens of national mobilizations in cities from London to Bangkok on February 15, these will be the largest demonstrations for peace and justice in world history.

In New York, our confirmed speakers include Archbishop Desmond Tutu, playwright Tony Kushner, NAACP Board Chair Julian Bond, leaders of the September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Angela Davis, performance artist Sarah Jones and poets from Def Poetry Jam, Harry Belafonte, Danny Glover, Rosie Perez, Pete Seeger, Holly Near, and more. [Visit http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?list=sub&sub=30 for lots more detail.]

WE NEED YOUR HELP! The scale of this demonstration is swamping our resources and budget. Even though we have hundreds of volunteers, and have distributed hundreds of thousands of leaflets (in five languages), we need to do much more.

Please go to http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=160 and make an on-line donation today. Whatever you can afford--$10 or $100, it's all needed. And forward this to your friends. We have one last chance to send a global message-"The World Says No toWar." We're counting on you.

Andrea Buffa Leslie Cagan Bill Fletcher, Jr. Co-Chairs, United for Peace and Justice