ex-radical

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Fri Feb 7 04:29:51 PST 2003

Reed:
>Peter K. wrote:
>
>>I guess I wouldn't have much of a reaction if
>>I heard or read Hitch being referred to as a
>>leftist flack for Hamas and Hezbollah.
>
>Yes, that's my point. You wouldn't have much of a
>reaction to such accusations because they're
>preposterous. They say much more about the person
>making them than about Hitchens.

Not necessarily. I probably would have a hostile reaction if someone said I was a flack for suicide-bombers (or homicide-bombers as they're being called more and more).

>My only request is that you make a good faith effort
>to use as examples people who are indeed
>representative of America's left, whatever it is
>exactly, and who are genuine flacks. In other words,
>please avoid members of the WWP if at all possible,
>and cite individuals who truly are doing PR for
>Hussein, rather than people who just say they think
>war would be a bad idea and thus are objectively pro-Saddam.

There's our difference. Some leftists play down Saddam's history in order to argue against the war. I have to say I appreciate your calm, reasonable tone and style of writing, somewhat of an anomaly on this list. Even the moderator says he wants a diverse list with no name-calling, but acts otherwise. But that's his perogative I guess.

Peter