NEW TITLE: Time for Revolution - ANTONIO NEGRI

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 09:30:43 PST 2003

Time for Revolution

ANTONIO NEGRI

Translated and Introduced by Matteo Mandarini

" We discover here another Negri, a Negri deeply

immersed in a

philosophical, even a theological problematic. This

book is a MUST: it

provides the proper background for Negri's widely

circulated analysis of

the global capitalist Empire.> ">

Slavoj Zizek

"'Time for Revolution' constitutes a major

philosophical statement by

one of the most important thinkers of our time."

Fredric Jameson

The two key essays by Antonio Negri brought

together here for the

first time were written in prison two decades apart.

'Time for Revolution' illuminates the course of Negri's thinking from the 1980s to 'Empire' and beyond.

'Time for Revolution' reflects Negri's abiding

interest in the philosophy of time and resistance. The first essay is a central work in Negri's oeuvre, tracing the fracture lines which force capitalist

society into perpetual crisis. The second essay,

written immediately after the global best-seller, 'Empire', provides a conceptual toolbox,

deepening our understanding of the two key concepts

of empire and multitude. 'Time for Revolution' explores the burning issue of our times: is

there still a place for resistance in a society

utterly subsumed by

capitalism?

Antonio Negri is one of the most significant

figures in contemporary

political thought. He is the author of several

works including 'The Savage Anomaly', 'Labor of Dionysus' (co-authored with Michael Hardt),

'Insurgencies', and most recently, 'Empire', written

with Michael Hardt.

Matteo Mandarini, the translator of Time for

Revolution, completed a PhD on the ontology of time in Marx and Deleuze, and is now an independent researcher, currently working on a study of Antonio Negri's

work. Hardback 0 8264 5931 5 £16.99 304pp February 2003

> > CONTENTS
> >
> > Translator's Introduction & Acknowledgements
> >
> > Time for Revolution 1: The Constitution of Time
> >
> > Preamble
> > I. First Dislocation: the time of subsumed being
>
> > II. First Construction: collective time A
> > III. First Construction: collective time B
> > IV. Second Construction: productive time A
> > V. Second Construction: productive time B
> > VI. Third Construction: constitutive time A
> > VII. Third Construction: constitutive time B
> > VIII. Second Dislocation: the time of the
> revolution W
> > IX. Third Dislocation: the time of the revolution
> > Afterword
> >
> > Time for Revolution 2: Kairòs, Alma Venus,
> Multitudo
> >
> > Introduction
> > I. Kairòs
> > II. Alma Venus
> > III. Multitudo
> >

> > Available in good bookshops, or please order from
> the address below.
> > Postage and packing: In UK, please add £3.95 for
> orders up to £20.00
> in value; £7.50 for orders between £20.00 and
> £50.00. UK orders over
> £50.00 please add £9.50. Elsewhere, please add 20%
> of order value for
> surface mail (minimum charge £6.00). Airmail rates
> on application to
> Customer Services, Telephone +44 (0)1202 665432/Fax:
> 01202 666219.
> Prices and availability not necessarily applicable
> in North America.
> For North American ordering information, please call
> Continuum at
> 212-953-5858 and ask for Marketing.
> >

> > Rowan Wilson
> > Marketing Executive
> > Continuum International Publishing Group Ltd
> > The Tower Building
> > 11 York Road
> > London SE1 7NX
> > Phone: 020 7922 0909
> > Fax: 020 7928 7894
> > E-mail: rwilson at continuumbooks.com
> > www.continuumbooks.com
> >
> > The Continuum Social/Cultural/Media Studies
> catalogue 2002 is now
> available. Please contact above for your copy.
> >
> > The Continuum Philosophy and Social Theory
> catalogue 2002 is now
> available. Please contact above for your copy.

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"