partying on the right

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Feb 7 12:03:07 PST 2003

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> Just that it's exactly the same sort of performance: they're completely
> reactionary, and wearing all the trappings of what used to be "oppositional"
> culture, and they're obviously reveling in that paradox.

I think I have the same reaction to this that I have to a good deal of the criticism of ANSWER from you and from Doug. You are constantly claiming to be able to read the motives of others. Probably some are revelling in the paradox -- and some might just like the style without having thought about it. They've got shitty politics, why not just show the politics are shitty without the endless harping on real or imagined personality traits?

Carrol