Exorcism Re: ex-radical

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 7 14:37:30 PST 2003

>And how it makes you feel to use phrases like "homicide bomber" and
>"fetus killer" has nothing to do with anything, right? No attempt to
>shock the pwoggies with your boldness is being made, right?
>
>Doug

Bold and shocking? No way. Rather, it's pathetic and predictable.

Despite the strength of the pro-Zionist ideology in America, I bet that the term "homicide bomber" will never catch on enough to replace the term "suicide bomber," as the former offends lovers of the English language by its redundancy.

Here's my Google test of usage:

"homicide bomber" -- 1,880 entries "homicide bombers" -- 4,440 entries "suicide bomber" -- 115,000 entries "suicide bombers" -- 142,000 entries.

Suicide bombers terrify Israel because it can neither deter nor retaliate against them, unlike those who bomb, kill, and intend to stay alive. Israel punishes the families of suicide bombers by blowing up their houses, etc., but such collective punishment doesn't work as deterrent, nor does it extinguish the sense of elemental terror and provide the satisfaction of sweet revenge. Calling them "homicide bombers" is a futile attempt at exorcising the fear of those who have nothing to lose and are ready to die for their political objective. -- Yoshie