Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk Re: ANSWER, cops, breakaways

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sun Feb 9 16:55:05 PST 2003

Doug wrote:
> I guess I no longer qualify as a Marxist, though I do post a lot
> here. Funny Justin qualifies, though he rejects the label, and I
> don't, though I accept it.
>
> And many of the people you list *are* frequent posters. Some of the
> most frequent, in fact.

Here's an idea I'm too lazy to follow through on: someone should count the number of posts by those in Yoshie's Marxist or "interesting leftist" camp (e.g. Carrol, Lou, Stephen etc.) and compare it to the number of posts by non-interesting liberals such as myself. Somehow, I don't think the numbers would support Yoshie's angst, although I guess at one time LBO-talk probably did have a higher ratio of hard to soft lefties than is currently the case.

-- Luke