Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Mon Feb 10 10:48:13 PST 2003

At 01:32 PM 2/10/03 -0500, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>At 8:34 AM -0600 2/10/03, budge wrote:
>> > and, aside from that, it implicitly attempts to discern
>>> the reason why individuals don't post at the list anymore!
>>
>>oh, you mean like "mind reading".
>>
>>heh, heh.
>
>My observations do not come from any preternatural "mind-reading"
>ability. I've had an earful, on and off the listservs to which many
>ex-LBO-talk Marxists have retired. The double standard that Marta mentioned,

Oh thank you! I've been looking for an unbiased third party to explain where I read marta's mind! My claim was this:

Marta wrote a review in which she blamed Salma Hayek for extinguishing polio from Frida. Marta acknowledged that yes, she was speculating as to whether that was the case. In turn, I noted that, contra Thomas Seay, I see an obvious connection between writing a review which blames a Hayek for extinguishing polio and posting to a listserv with the following statements, as well as the bimbo remark:

Marta: "It stunned me that Traymor would have agreed to do the film with [Hayek]."

Marta: Hayek is "mostly a body who should be a model for bikini magazines. That is how she portrays herself and that is the reaction that she gets." (does she deserve it?)

Could you or anyone else be so kind as to point out where I attempted to read Marta's mind? I'm very serious and want to understand how to amend my statements in the future to avoid such misunderstandings! Thank you in advance!

Kelley