Path to War movie

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Feb 10 21:34:37 PST 2003

Did anyone see the TV movie Path to War? It was about how the US got into Vietnam and aired some time in 2002. It was directed by John Frankenheimer (director of The Manchurian Candidate and Seven Days in May) and starred Michael Gambon as LBJ, Donald Sutherland as Clark Clifford and Alec Baldwin as McNamara.

It sounds like it might be great. I missed it, but it's showing in a revival house in New York tomorrow (Tuesday), and I was wondering if I should see it or Seven Days in May. Both seem kind of apropos in these our times.

Michael