The Lerner affair

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Wed Feb 12 11:45:05 PST 2003

At 04:33 AM 02/12/2003 -0500, Chris K wrote:
>Am I the only one who doesn't get the Lerner flap? Let me get this =
>straight. Lerner goes around bashing ANSWER publicly. ANSWER returns the =
>favor by not inviting him to speak at their San Francisco rally Feb 16 =
>(and Lerner himself says he never even *wanted* to speak). ANSWER then =
>get depicted as totalitarian Kim Jong Il wanna-bes, with implied charges =
>of anti-Semitism thrown in for good measure.

Let's also be clear that Lerner's bashing of ANSWER is based on the fact that they are communists. Pure red-baiting is what underlies his ego-centric posturing. Why the hell should they invite him to speak? Why the hell should we support a red-baiter.

Also, my apologies for sending the piece around before I read all my outstanding LBO's.

Joanna