The Lerner Affair

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Feb 12 11:04:52 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

At 5:51 AM -0500 2/12/03, Max B. Sawicky wrote:
>Why is everyone bloviating about "right to speak"? There is no such
>right. Nobody has claimed it.

-Where there is no right, legal or moral, there is no fundamental -violation, or at least that's the way liberalism goes.

Yet every criticism of ANSWER and WWP has been treated as some kind of redbaiting violation of their rights. Honestly, I have no problem with any group controlling their speakers. If I don't like their censorship policy or in fact their inclusion policy (and I have problem with ANSWER on both counts), I criticize them and may not support their rallies.

That's free speech. Unfortunately, the sects can dish out censorship, but whine and cry whenever it is applied to them. That is the hypocrisy.

-- Nathan Newman