The Lerner affair

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 12 23:30:38 PST 2003

Joanna>...Pure red-baiting...

WWP supported killing reform communists like Imre Nagy (would Marcy have called for Lukacs to be hauled out of the foreign embassy that harbored him after the tanks rolled and shot too?), tanks in Hungary shooting communist workers in '56 and Prague in '68, killing reformist students and working class communists in Beijing in '91. Sure if you dig in WW one could find blasts at Eurocommunist PCI.

Many kinds of communism < thousands of Parties here, <URL: http://www.broadleft.org/ > (cf. Wolfgang Leonhard, who has a fascinating autobiography as a East German communist cadre in the 50's, after being trained at a Comintern school <URL: http://www.stud.unisg.ch/~AIESEC/projects/scslatin/Speakers/Leon/home.htm > "Child of the Revolution, " as a academic in the FRG he wrote, "Three Faces of Marxism/ The Political Concepts of Soviet Ideology, Maoism, and Humanist Marxism, " and , "Eurocommunism: Challenge for East and West."), too many good comrades sacrificed in the last century by corrupt nomenklatura New (Ruling) Class Pigs "objectively" anti-communist in consequence (in their nightmares did the screams from the basement of Lubianka by the Bolsheviks who had joined the Party in 1905 telegraph to the withered ethics of the NKVD their bad faith and betrayal of the communist dream? Cf. "Betrayal:The Betrayal: The Hitler-Stalin-Pact of 1939, " by Leonhard examines through archival docs and letters the shocked reactions of communist cadres to the Pact.

It's long overdue to call the Stalinoids and "progressives" on this "red-baiting" ideological blackmail for the BS it is. Uncle Joe killed more communists than Hitler or Reagan ever dreamed of. Continued apologetics and slanders will lead to the continued involution of what remains of value in the Marxist traditions, which still is the best and only theory we've got about how sick and deadly capitalism is. If I was starting out again as a teenage marxist would I find the rubbish here <URL: http://www.leftbooks.com/online-store/scstore/p-bmx1990115.html > at all worth studying and following? -- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to

each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that

we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted

at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy