Lerner: the picture starts to emerge

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 13 05:58:31 PST 2003

At 11:33 PM 2/12/03 -0600, LouPaulsen wrote:
>Basically, a lot of people have been lied to and fooled and successively
>used here - first by Lerner, then by the right wing of the anti-war
>movement, then the right wing -tout court-, and ultimately the bourgeoisie
>itself.

Note to self: Next time I decide to engage in principled discoursin', be sure to begin by telling my audience that they've been hoodwinked. Doing so is an example of what ComRod Cox describes as Principled Criticism which is defined as when, "the writer points out to someone with whom he/she has fundamental unity that he/she is fucking up in some way or that such and such an argument is not consistent with the principles shared. "

I hope, Lou, that you can try again, by

1. establishing from the outset what you believe to be the source of our "fundamental unity" in terms of the various members of the list involved in this discussion with regards to anti-war organizing and protesting.

2. addressing Richard Becker's own statements as to why Lerner was not speaking. They indicate that, at some point, Lerner was told he was in serious contention for an opportunity to speak.

Discussing 1., as Seay seems to want, may well illuminate, I think, why the hoodwinked bizaroo is not merely insulting but the root of the disagreement(s).

Kelley