The Lerner Affair

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 20:02:58 PST 2003

Well, I would prefer that the movement have no leaders and no central groups, whether that be ANSWER, NION, United For Peace. I also do not want Lerner to be the

High Lama of the anti-war movement. I predict, and I might be completely off, that that will happen. He's going to get pushed to the front now, because of this incident.

In my opinion, you can give in and let him speak, which he, Lerner, does not want you to do because he is getting a lot of mileage out of his victimhood, and he will continue to accumulate more OR you can stop his momentum right now by allowing him to speak. Let him have a pyrrhic victory. That's the best thing the San Fran folks could do.

Who cares about the damn speeches anyway? Nobody listens to them. They're all a bunch of cliches, and if there are any good ones, they get lost in the noise of the bad ones. Even if there are a lot of good ones, people are too busy running their own mouths, resting or checking out the babes. Letting him speak would cost nothing. Not letting him speak is going to cost a lot. If he's as big an opportunist as I am hearing from folks, this little coup of his will be the first step.

Right now, Lerner is licking his paws. If the organizers were smart, they'd call him up, invite him and announce it to the entire world. Ha, I would love to be a fly on the wall if you did that...He'd shit on himself.

But it would appear that the organizers are more worried about "losing face", if Lou's position is representative (which it may or may not be).

-Thomas

--- LouPaulsen <LouPaulsen at attbi.com> wrote:

> [...]

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"