Vive la France, cont.

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Feb 14 09:09:07 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 at 11:21am Doug Henwood wrote:

> So is it our duty to drink French wine now? I read
> something about a yahoo restaurateur refusing to serve the
> Froggy stuff. I normally drink American and Australian
> wine, but as an act of solidarity, I might have to switch.

I heard on NPR yesterday that fromages.com's sales were off by 80% recently; made me want to log on and by some camembert, but I'm really trying to watch my cholesterol. We usually drink California or Spanish wines in this house, but may have to consider some good old B&G Bougelais or something.

------

A couple of weeks ago while driving to work one morning, the local rightwing radio trog had some boy-soldier's father call in to report a towelhead at a gas station had refused to serve the boy when he went there in uniform. This gas station happens to be just outside the suburb where I work and by the time I was almost to work the vigilantes had already shown up at the place to confront the folks there. Some asshole on a cell phone was put on the air harrasing the employess inside. I resolved then to begin purchasing my gas there. That night on the local news it was reported that the little punk had made the whole thing up and nobody had said shit to him. (I'm still buying my gas there.)

-- no Onan