Thinking Post-Invasion

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 14 10:24:43 PST 2003

The person who brought up the point that the war never really ended in Iraq made a good point.

What about post-invasion and 'nation building"? What is going to happen?

I imagine weeks of broadcasts beamed into our homes showing the "liberators" distributing candy to smiling Iraqui kids.

I imagine weeks of Yoshie posting information to the list indicating how much worse it is in post-invasion Iraq than it was under Sadaam.

What if it isn't though? What are we to make of that? What will happen to the "anti-war movement" then?

Wont "Old Europe" come round to its senses and participate in "nation building" once it has seen all the "good" that is being done by the United States?

Let's be sure to discuss the role of expanding Empire (no matter what our definition is of that word) and not leave the discussion at the level of "good" and "evil" immediate consequences of the war...and let's also not have any illusions about the seemingly "good" role of the UN.

-Thomas