Let's NOT Think Post-Invasion

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Fri Feb 14 12:49:16 PST 2003

Seay:

> France, Germany, US, England, Spain, Russia, China,
> only disagree on the extent and method of policing
> Iraq. One mistake would be to place faith in any of
> these states and/or Big Mommy State, the United
> Nations.

Well, they also disagree as to for which imperialists the police should work, which is to say that it's not just a disagreement over methods, but a struggle over money and power. Of course I'm not in favor of "placing faith" in the United Nations, but I do think the situation gives us opportunities. I don't think a UN-sanctioned war would be legitimate, but I think it can help us that many people think a non-UN-sanctioned war would be illegitimate.

lp