Nice to know

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Sat Feb 15 05:51:25 PST 2003

At 02:34 AM 2/15/03 +0200, Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:06:11 -0800
> joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com> wrote:
> > >http://www.unknownnews.net/a0201.html#tweak0124
>Little paranoid, I say...But I did find this rather
>interesting study on how computers decide where to "hop"
>and how it is actually contributing to "slowness"
>http://www.news.cornell.edu/releases/Feb03/AAAS.Roughgarden.selfish.html

yeah, this Uber Reet h4X0r is an assclown. he didn't bother to share that what goes in front of "government systems division" is the word Sprint. As in Sprint Government System Division.

Sure, FIzzleanSnoop 1.0 is piped in through Sprint (which, incidentally, runs one of the root servers out of Herndon--U.S. Sprint/NSF International Connectivity Project) and not, like, the DOD's root servers? why? Oooooooooo. that'd be because they're trying to pull a fast one on 'merikuns. This kid is twit.

This computer his packets hopped through is served by the division in Sprint that serve's .gov customers, sure, but uh... why did he leave the name Sprint out of it? Because it comes up in the whois.

Not to mention that, uh, like does he think he's the only little twit out there doing trace routes? Like he's the only one that's !! noticed that his packets are being routed through the "feds." ? Sysadmins, engineers, individuals do these things every minute of every day.

Loon-a-matic.

Kelley