Seize the Day

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Feb 15 17:38:01 PST 2003

>It looked inspiring on CNN, snip, and
>covered the demos worldwide, including one in LA led by the likes of Martin
>Sheen, Rob Reiner, Angelica Huston, and Alfre Woodard. The resistance to
>this Gulf War far outweighs what I was actively part of in '90-91.

James Cromwell gave a great interview to KPFK. Most every celeb that was interviewed unabashedly used the word imperialism. I was awed by the veracity of Cromwell's answers. He said that the rulers are going to have to stop the old way of getting what they want by killing - that the worlds people are not going to tolerate what they want any longer. I wish that I had taped him. His children went to middle school with my daughter, so I have a special place for his family though I did not meet him personally.

It was a cold day here but still over 50,000 showed with some estimates at 75-100,000.

Marta