Smaller Demos

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Sat Feb 15 19:07:37 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Seay" <entheogens at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 6:54 PM Subject: Smaller Demos

> I am glad people are putting these smaller
> demonstrations up here: Columbus, Buffalo, Austin,
> Huntsville. I hope everybody will continue to post
> these as I think in a lot of ways these are more
> important than the big ones in New York and San
> Francisco!
>
> -Thomas

We had around 70k in Seattle. Lots of funny signs including:

>From the Black Bloc -- "Bush hates Kittens"

>From two women -- "Great tits, YES Great ass, YES War in Iraq, NO!

Some pics are @

http://seattle.indymedia.org/

On a lark, Lisa and I tried to cut through the downtown Nordstrom's on our way back to the bus stop with our "Impeach Bush" sign. We were escorted out the door after walking past the cosmetics dept.

Ian