That whacky US

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Feb 16 08:35:07 PST 2003

Wouldn't Rumsfeld's proposals lead to a revival of German nationalism? Gerhard Schroeder as I understand it has been trying to boost military spending and upgrade Germany's defense forces for several years now, couldn't he use this to make the case that Germany now requires a much larger, better equipped army because it can no longer rely upon the US for taking care of its defense needs, and since the US in general is proving to be too feckless, too unilateralist, for it to be relied upon, anyway?

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com